Thursday, April 3, 2008

Target's Revolving Door

Today the kiddos and I ventured out for some "quick" shopping. We went to the semi-new Nampa Marketplace. First to costco, just for soy milk. (yeah, $60+ later!) then to old Navy to look for a swim suit for Aisling ( although their sleek Silver Metallic bikini was tempting to mommy!) and then to Target, just for Fun! While we were looking at all the fun toys, Brenna announced she needed to use the bathroom. Next thing I know, a very wet and juicy sounding stinker has left her hind quarters. The look on her face was very strange and she said, "mommy, I just tooted and poop came out in my panties". The poor dear was quite upset and I felt really bad for her, but I just couldn't stop myself from laughing. A lot. if i didn't find it so humorous, I probably would've been annoyed or ticked off. So we went to the car, intending to go home, then I remembered she had to go potty, so we all went back in and tried to clean her up which was a fiasco. then we finally get done and get back out to the car and I remembered I left my purse in the bathroom. (Thankfully I remembered!!) So I hauled all the kids back in to get it. and then we finally left for good. It seemed like "the day we couldn't leave Target'. I bet people were watching us go in & out & in & out with a confused look on their faces. The worst part ( or the best?) is that Rowan was wearing her adorable "squeakers". Shoes that squeak with each step she takes. So we couldn't go about very unnoticed. Just so you know i'm not the absolute most annoying person ever, I usually keep her in the cart or a stroller so she's not squeaking all over the place, but I like the squeakers so I can keep track of her if she makes an escape, which she LOVES to do! Also, I think they are very adorable and they don't annoy me.

Poor Brenna!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

$60 is not bad. It seems LIke I never leave spending less than $100 at costco. I'm glad you saw the humor in the situation. I might not have been able to do that.
good to hear that you are getting out with all 4 kids.

wannabee free said...

Jessica,
last week I went to karcher mall with 6 kids. I had 2 nieces with me and everyone kept asking "are all those girls yours??" and giving me the strangest looks. it was quite funny. I felt like a mother duck with her row of ducklings following behind.
the worst part was needing a place to nurse and having to sit on a bench in the middle of the mall hall where everyone was walking by. oh well.

Suzanne said...

I have some of those shoes. I got them for Roz and Cel just out grew them. I loved that even at home I know where they were.
I have been there done that, seems like every time we go out we have something like that happens.

-Suz