Sunday, January 27, 2008

Oatmeal Chocolate Cake


This scrumptious cake is one I have gotten hooked on the last few months since my dear friend, Kris, had us over for dinner and served it for dessert. I'm not even a chocolate lover, but something about this cake has gotten stuck to my tastebuds, the ones that wake you up at night saying, "feed me seymour!" (remember, this is a pregnant lady writing) So I decided to share my latest food obsession with you! Here is the recipe. Hope you all enjoy it ( except Jessica with amazing will- power who has given up chocolate for how long?! I guess long enough to overcome her addiction. )

1 cup quick oats 1 3/4 cup boiling water
poured over the oats. Allow to soak 10 mins.
Melt 1 cube butter in large saucepan. Remove from heat
Add 1 cup brown sugar & 1 cup white sugar. Stir til blended.
Add 2 eggs, beaten, and the oats.
Melt 2 bakers squares unsweetened chocolate. (can substitute 6 TBS cocoa + 2 TBS oil)
add to batter, stir well.
Add 1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp salt
to batter and stir well.
Stir in 6 oz chocolate chips.
Pur into greased 9x13 pan.
Sprinkle 6 oz chocolate chips and
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional) over top of batter.
Bake at 350 for about 30 mins.

No comments: