Saturday, May 17, 2008

Eclair Bars

I just took a pan of these to a bridal shower and nearly everyone there asked me for the recipe. I thought I'd better share it with all of you. After all, the more eclair bars there are in the world, the better place it will be. I actually got this recipe from my sis-in-law, Megan. She brought them to a family get-together once and has been "stuck" making them ever since for almost every holiday. I even make them for her when she can't make it. :)

Eclair Bars

1 cup flour
1 cup water
1 cube butter
Bring water and butter to boil. Remove from heat.
mix in flour til smooth. Beat in
4 eggs ONE AT A TIME.
Spread into a greased cookie sheet ( good luck with this part)
Bake 400F for 20 min. Cool.

Mix
2 small instant pudding pkgs. ( chocolate or vanilla)
3 cups milk
8 oz cream cheese softened
beat well
spread on cooled pastry
spread 8-12 oz cool whip on top.
drizzle with Chocolate syrup
chill or enjoy immediately!

No comments: