Monday, May 19, 2008

Kathryn Albertson Park


We went to K. Albertson park this morning, just the girls and I. We saw 4 turtles, actually got to "pet" one, tons of geese and ducks and red winged blackbirds. That park also has the 'world's largest ponderosa' on display. It is a beautiful natural wildlife habitat with walking paths and foot bridges. Abram thinks of it as a giant bird poop park, but I love it regardless of the goose poop. I thought there would be a lot more babies, we only saw one goose family with 7 goslings. The girls had a great time. We also saw a heron. Once again I should have taken the camera.

Then we went to cash 'n carry, a store that is for restaurants and other types of businesses. They carry bulk foods and all sorts of cooking/serving utensils. I stocked up on my flavored syrups (only $3.78/bottle) so we could make italian sodas. Yummy! We also got some button pork or cushion pork or something that you cook for hours in the crock pot til it falls apart in shreds so we could make sweet pork like the kind at Costa Vida. If you haven't eaten there, try the sweet pork burrito smothered in their tropical ranch salsa. oh YUM! I guess it is the same as Cafe Rio if you have one of those nearby. Thank you forever to Amberlie for introducing me.
Then we finally made it over to the Bear Creek park for the girls to play for a little while. My visiting teaching companion had us over for lunch. The girls had a fabulous time jumping on the tramp, watching Barney and eating burritos and italian sodas. What an excellent day!
My mom got me some more strawberries to finish making more jam. I only got 6 jars out of the last batch because I ran out of pectin.
So I'm already tired out and ready for a nap and haven't done any laundry or cleaning up from the weekend. Maybe some water will help rejuvenate me.
Hope your day is super fun too!
What are you planting in your 'garden' this year?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Does sound like fun! We aren't really having any fun, except saving on groceries by using massive amounts of coupons. I highlighted my hair, which could be considered fun
garden: tomatoes, cantaloupe, zucchini, squash, cucumber, okra, beans, peppers, herbs, onions, potatoes, watermelon, and pumpkin.