Wednesday, May 7, 2008

May Day


Thank Goodness! I think spring is finally here! It has been the longest winter I can remember. I'm beginning to think people around here are wrong. Boise does not have 4 seasons. It is winter forever, spring for a week, then it is blazing hot all summer. We get Autumn for a few days then back into winter again.
We have been working on the yard. Poor Abram has been trying to fix the sprinkler system (the main valve broke) he had to dig a hole more than 6 feet deep, climb in there and try to get to this little pipe which has another pipe stuck in it etc etc. Needless to say, he has been a *little* bit frustrated with it for the past few days. He doesn't have much time to work on things around here, so he is upset he has to *waste* time on these fix-it projects when he'd rather be doing 'profitable' projects. He's also spent a few hours trying to fix the hottub. Thank Goodness my dad can do all that stuff too. I'm so lucky to have two amazing men around.
While Abram was digging the hole, he found a baby toad. He is so cute! We played with him for awhile and then took him to the canal and watched him float downstream to a new home. the next day I was at the canal again and nearly stepped on a 6 ft Bull snake. I brought the family down to see it and Abram caught it for them and let them pet his tail. It was very cool. Later that day while spraying chemicals on all the dandelions I found a fallen nest and it still had an egg in it.I wish I'd gotten a picture. It was just a bit bigger than a jelly bean and tan with black speckles. Brenna accidentally broke it not too much later. It was just runny, no baby bird had started to form. The nest was really neat to inspect. It is really amazing these armless/handless creatures can create something so cozy and well made. This was the softest nest I've ever seen.
We had a family photo shoot a few weekends ago. Chad & Jill (my bro & sis-in-law) cAme over and took pics of the whole fam damily. They are very talented. You can visit their website at www.transtrumphotography.com. They took some really adorable pics yet again. If they keep this up my whole house walls will be covered in family pictures. Look at Baby Lachlan!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Cute pics of the girls! where did you take them? did you set up the black background at your house? I need to get a good black background setup

wannabee free said...

We set up the backdrop at our house in the front room and my brother has some lights and shades etc.
They do photography for a profession.
It is fun, but a lot of work too. Especially now that everything is digital.

Shelley said...

Lochlan is so handsome! Holy Cow! I thought you two made beautiful girls,...but you've got the boys down too! :) Let's get together soon! BBQ?