Sunday, November 9, 2008

Get your Guns

So with the new president-elect, there is a good chance something similar to the Brady Bill (or worse) will be put into effect next year. It is pretty unbelievable to me that people in this country think it is a good idea to take away your 2nd amendment rights. I guess it really just shows that they are uneducated about it. If you do any research you will discover that the more citizens that carry guns, the less crime there is. Any time you limit the civilians from carrying weapons, the crime rate sky-rockets. Anyway, Abram has owned guns since before I met him, but I think mostly for hunting. However during the years we've been married he has acquired a few hand guns and a concealed weapons permit. The more I research it, the more I feel like I should follow suit. Yesterday Abram took me to the shooting range and he taught me how to load and shoot some of our guns. I had never shot any before and even though Abram bought a pistol for me, I had no idea how to use it.
I was very scared at first to use the guns, but he started me on a very smooth .22 rifle and moved me up to bigger guns that had more and more kick until I was pretty comfortable shooting a 9 mm in a quickshot fashion. I even had pretty good groupings on my target for a 1st time shooter. I feel much more comfortable now and could probably protect myself and kids if I had to, heaven forbid.
You ladies might think this is crazy but for awhile now I have wanted to start some kind of a gun awareness/self protection class for women. If I do, you'll all be invited. :)

4 comments:

Melonie said...

Sounds like a fun "date night". I totally have been wanting to do this for many years and need to get out with my husband and learn.

Jessica said...

We have many guns, and I am not very equiped to use them. I can shoot it, if Joe gets it out of the gun case, loads it, and takes it off safety. It would be good to be able to do all those things myself, just in case. I'm up for a girls' gun night out!

Shelley said...

Hey Challis! No I never got your email about the dinner! I'm so glad you are coming! What are you bringing? Let me know ASAP! :) shellcoates@hotmail.com Thanks! Shell

Niki said...

Want to join a rifle team with me? :)