Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pre Thanksgiving

For the past 3 years we have met together with some good friends from our neighborhood and had a 'pre-thanksgiving' dinner. We have tried out new recipes and enjoyed delicious food. We have played fun(ny) games and it seems that our group gets really excited about getting together for this. We got together last saturday and tried out some new recipes (sorry guys, mine weren't that great) and enjoyed some old favorites (thanks tamara). We have taken turns learning how to cook a turkey and I think just had a great time visiting! We had a wonderful, even spiritual evening together. Jeff had a great idea for everone to share some things that have happened to each of us during the past year, sort of a looking back on the year, and that usually helps you look into your future. It seems as if God has been leading all of us, in different ways, to draw closer to Him. It always makes me feel so special and so loved to know He is aware of me, but also realize how insignificant things of this life are. Like Moses, I realize I am no more than the dust, and yet He knows me by name! Thank you, to all of my friends, who have taught me more about faith and love. Most of the lessons best learned are taught by example, not a lecture.

Things have been very busy for us, probably because we aren't used to having to do anything! Nothing exciting is hgappening, but there is so much to do and not enough time to do it! (Especially when you sleep til 8) Lachlan has finally started sleeping through the night, so I really have no good excuse, but I have been getting to bed past midnight the last 3 or 4 nights and I'm tired! Rowan has been sick with some weird stomach bug thing. My neighbor said her little girl (1 week older than Rowan) has had a similar thing. Little Peanut says "tummy hurts, mommy" all day, will hardly eat anything, and has thrown up 2x and had many yukky diapers. Does anyone know what this is? It has been going on since Halloween. Poor little girl.

I am finally getting around to making my dining room curtains. I bought the fabric about 2 years ago, I guess. Then we moved and I never made them. Now we are back and I am excited to make and put up the roman shades. I actually special ordered this fabric from Joann's ( I had a 50% off coupon) I've never done that before. It was VERY exciting!@ The fabric looks really retro, but modern. I LOVE it! I even have enough to redo the shade on the glass back door. I can probably make some seat cushions or pillows too. I will post pictures too. Maybe do a tutorial, would anyone like that? :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Friends truly are a blessing. I never realized how much I leaned on, learned from, and enjoyed my friends until I don't really have any anymore. (i still have faraway friends, but that's a little bit different)
Good luck on the curtains, I'm sure you'll do a great job