Monday, February 11, 2008

If there is a Very Best...



I know everyone thinks they have the absolute best chocolate chip cookie recipe, and I know it is a matter of taste, but this could quite possibly be the best ever chocolate chip cookie recipe. If not, it is at least the best chocolate chip cookie dough recipe! I don't care all too much for chocolate chip cookies, mostly because I don't like the semi-sweet chocolate chips. But I've figured out in the past few years to use milk chocolate and that has made all the difference to me. I also usually throw in some peanut butter chips because I am a chocolate, peanut butter fan!
So even if you think you already have the best recipe, this one is definitely worth a try!
This recipe is the one I grew up with, so I must give credit to my mom for it.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/2 c brown sugar
1 1/2 c white sugar
2 c margarine
2 tsp vanilla
blend well
add:
4 eggs
1 tsp salt
2 tsp soda
5-6 c flour
16 oz choc chips
1 1/2 c chopped nuts (optional)
Bake 350F for 5-8 mins. Makes 6+ dozen (can store dough in fridge)
I think we've eaten almost 6 dozen of these over the weekend. YUM!
i didn't take any pics of the cookies because we have eaten them too quickly. But here are some happily sugar-fied kids!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I have yet to find a recipe that i love. Once I ate the best ones ever, but it was a fluke, because when I used the same recipe later it didn't taste nearly as good. I like them crunchy! I'll have to try yours out sometime.