Sunday, August 3, 2008

Homemade Whole Wheat Bread

I am very excited about the new recipe I've been using to make our bread. Our old recipe was great, but it was half wheat/half white. This new recipe is so quick and easy. No need to wait around for it to rise or anything. It used to take half the day or more to bake my bread, but this morning I got it all done before church at 10:20. To tell the truth, the thing I am most excited about is this brilliant idea to bake your bread in juice cans. The reason I really love this is because my kids won't eat crust, so they end up throwing 1/3 of the sandwich away and thus have to eat about 3 sandwiches before they're full. The juice can bread has only a crust on the top on a minor one on the bottom. And the bread is all round so it is easy and fun for kids to eat. Here is the link. Please check it out, it is SO COOL! http://creativehomemakers.blogspot.com/
2008/06/to-die-for-whole-wheat-bread.html
Ok, so I don't know how to do a link yet, but there is the address instead. :)

4 comments:

Angela said...

Challis- I just answered your bread questions on my blog... so you'll have to go check it out! Sounds like you did it! How was it? Hey thanks for the link to my blog! Fun to meet you. I love your blog. You have a beautiful family! Linking to blogs in your posts is easy. Email me at angkynaston@gmail.com and I will send you directions!

Jessica said...

I am going to try out the juice cans! sounds like fun! This recipes sounds familiar to the one that Mary Jane Lane uses... Good luck, and let me know how it turns out

Steven said...

....i've been all about bread lately....I've seen here recipe, but now that you say you like it I'll have to give it a try.

wannabee free said...

jessica, i think it is the same, or at least similar.
tammy, i think the bread tastes great! hope you like it!