Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Secret

Have any of you watched The Secret or read the book? It is the same principle that's outlined in Napolean Hill's book Think and Grow Rich. Abram and I watched it a year and a half or two years ago. We thought it was interesting and I was willing to give it a try. But like usual, I didn't know what I wanted, so I couldn't send any vibes out to the universe! Then we started talking about going to Hawaii. So I very vaguely thought about that and on a whim put a surfboard sticker on my billfold so I would inadvertently think about it whenever I saw it. It was pretty amazing how it all came together in the end. Things seemed to work out perfectly and from the day we looked into booking a room to the day we left was less than a week. We were able to go for 10 days and spent about $2k- it even worked out perfectly for Abram to take the time off work. I have suspicions that it was The Secret at work!
I never did anything with The Secret after that, but we just watched it again last week. Abram has been talking about going to South America to climb Aconcogua. He expects it will cost at least $3500 plus about two weeks away from work. I told him he could go if he came up with the 'extra' money somehow. I tried to convince Abram he should give The Secret a try. I myself hardly gave it another thought other than, "I'm married to Bruce Wayne and we are really rich" ( Can you tell we just watched Dark Knight?) ha ha ha!! Anyway, since then I've received two random, unexpected checks in the mail. One was only $25 but the other was $250. Not Bruce Wayne, but not bad!
Today Abram called and said he got a check in the mail for $1000.
If any of you have seen the movie, they talk about getting checks in the mail. So weird!
So what do you think? Coincidence, or The Secret?

1 comment:

Melonie said...

Wow... a little creepy.