Thursday, January 22, 2009

Comments from Strangers

You should read this, you'll like it.

Do you ever get comments from strangers when you're out & about? I think the last one is quite amusing. I remember as a teenager telling a swedish woman there were 6 kids in my family. She replied that, "your parents must sure like sex!" I thought that was the strangest thing to say.... she only had two children, but I thought "surely you've had sex more than 2 times, and if not, well 6 times in 20+ years is really not that much!"
The other night we were visiting some of Abram's family that we usually only see once or twice a year when his dad flies into town. One of his aunts' husbands walked in & saw the 4 little kids playing around the tiny single-wide and said, "you two need to find something better to do." I smartly replied, " oh, but it's so much fun!" he looked at me in a surprised way as we are the only religious people in the family and I'm sure we are thought of as major prudes in more way than one.

4 comments:

Peter said...

My husband comes from a family of 17 kids. Do you think they got same types of comments from strangers...er..yes.

Zhenya said...

ooops! It was me that published above comment. Not my husband...sorry!

Bree said...

That's such a good reply! I never know what to say when people make wierd comments on my having 4 kids. I love it and will have to remember it! :)

wannabee free said...

My friend has 5 kids thru marriage and she says when people tell her "you have your hands full" she always says "better full than empty."

Or "I know, isn't it wonderful?'".
She's a cutie