Monday, January 26, 2009

Kid Antics

It is late at night, all the kids are asleep (or at least supposed to be). Suddenly, Lachlan starts crying. Hmmm, that's strange. Not that he is crying, but that he is crying so soon. Abram decides to get up and see what's going on. But before Abram leaves the room, Locke stops crying. Abram gets back in bed. Then we hear Bang! thump-thump-thump-thump-thump! The sound of a little one jumping out of bed and running across the floor. When Abram gets to Lachlan's room he sees Rowan with both feet hanging over the edge of the crib railing, bum dangling back toward the crib trying to swing herself over onto the floor. The evidence shows she ran out of her room, grabbed the stool from the bathroom, put it up to the crib, climbed in, shoved the binky in Lachlans' mouth and was trying to make her get-away. It was too funny to be angry about, although Locke had started crying again once she came in the room.
This morning as we're eating breakfast, Brenna was breathing quite noisily and I ask her if she has a stuffy nose. No, she says. I get up to dish some more malt-o-meal into Aisling's bowl and she says, "Mom, don't talk about gross stuff when we're eating. "
"Like ask if you want brain-boogers?" I ask innocently as I slop the mush into her bowl.
"No, like don't talk about stuffy noses. Especially when I'm around."
Apparently Aisling is learning something at school. I'm just not sure if I should call it manners, ettiquette, or snobbery.

2 comments:

Zhenya said...

How cute is that! I love when my kids surprise me with random acts of etiquette.

Unknown said...

So Rowan was trying to be helpful so Abram didn't have to get up? How nice!