Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Quest


I have been on a quest to find The Perfect Cinnamon Roll. And I've been dreaming of finding the recipe for The Perfect Orange Roll. This means that I have to make and eat cinnamon rolls whenever I find a promising recipe. I even went to a class last night to learn the recipe for someone's cinnamon rolls that sounded exciting. However, when I followed her instructions they cooked too hot and were crispy on top. (My sister's turned out the same at her house, so I know it wasn't me)
Here are some criteria:
The faster, the better. I love recipes that don't have to rise.
Not too bready, but not too airy. Substantial though.
They gotta be smothered in cream cheese frosting.

For Orange Rolls, they can't be bitter. I absolutely love the store bought band name (Pillsbury?) ones that come in those cylinders. yummy!
Anyone have any recipes to share?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I have a good dinner rolls recipe that you can use for cinnamon rolls too. it's the one that we made in the ward that one time (weren't you up there at the front with me) I think the secret to a soft top was pouring condensed milk over it before you bake it (but I can be wrong) good luck

Abby said...

YUM that picture totally made me hungry......I love cinnamon rolls, and I have a pretty dang good recipe too! The other day I made raspberry rolls, (just put some raspberry jam in place of the butter and cinnamon and brown sugar and they were heavenly!!! Oh man I am gonna gain so much this pregnancy, what am I talking about, I already have!!!

williamsfam5 said...

I avoid good recipies. I have a hard enough time fitting in my pants without knowing how to make the world's best yummies.

But I wish you luck on your quest. You and your pants are just fine.