Monday, January 12, 2009

School Days

Aisling has been enjoying school. She says it is Much easier than homeschool. According to her, the teacher doesn't make them read, spell, or anything hard! She LOVES to ride the bus. It is hard to get anything out of her when she gets home. Do your kids pull the "I forgot" excuse? I have to pull & pry to get her to tell me anything. She has not given me any grief about getting ready to go, but mostly I think that's because she is SO excited to ride the bus. The first day she didn't get to ride (and I wanted to take her) and the next day she could have ridden but the sub driver somehow missed picking her up. she threw a royal "it's NOT fair!!!!!" fit and cried and cried. But since then she's been quite happy about the whole affair.
Brenna keeps telling me she is So bored when Aisling is gone that she'll just Have to take a nap, but so far, she has found plenty of other things to do with Rowan. :) it has been fun seeing them playing together more when Aisling is gone.
Lachlan is walking all over the house now. He's quite good. He has been cranky with a top tooth coming in which makes the nights very unhappy times for me. Poor little boy. But I can't tell if he has just gotten into a bad habit or if he really is as miserable as he's acting.
Tonight I made no-bake cookies (with peanut butter) and I fed Lachlan a few tiny little pieces. I just wanted to see if he would have any kind of reaction. He did just fine, but then I caught him rubbing his eye. A while later he had the welts and red, swollen eye. I knew I was in trouble! Luckily my neighbor had some children's benadryl and we got the reaction to subside fairly quickly. Needless to say, Abram was unhappy as he has been trying to get me to give up the peanut butter. I'm afraid as long as it's not a potentially fatal reaction, I'm not very willing to give it up. I'll just be sure to keep him away (and not feed him any) :) He's had a rough go of it since he pulled the cord on the hot curling iron and it fell down on his hand on sunday. I've gotten out of the habit of putting all the cords up, but that was a good wake -up reminder. it's a good red spot, but thankfully no blistering.
Rowan has been wearing underwear ( I know some people despise the "p" word for underpants, so I'll refrain using it) this week and doing well mostly. Aisling & Brenna were over night trainers. one day they decided to use the potty and they never wore diapers again. (or pull-ups) Rowan has been harder to convince and I'm still putting a diaper on her at night, cuz I don't know how she'll do. She is still having an 'accident' or 2 per day, although thankfully no #2 accdents. :) She is quite independent. She just goes right in & does it, wipes & everything. She won't even tell anyone. Suddenly i'll hear a flush and she'll come bounding out. Now I just need to get the hand washing down and we're set.
We have been reading the tale of Despereaux. We really liked the book Because of Winn-Dixie (the movie, not so much) and wanted to read more by Kate Dicamillo. The book has been interesting so far. I've heard mixed reviews about the movie. Have you seen it? What did you think?

1 comment:

Abby said...

That little picture od Rowan is so cute! She looks all grown up;( We have seen the movie, and I thought is was really cute, Will was interested the whole time too! Good luck with giving up peanut butter, that would be a sad day for me too!