Tuesday, February 3, 2009

From Dusk 'til Dawn

So this morning I got my kids some breakfast and went into the office to do some 'computer stuff'. One by one I hear the little feet go upstairs, and waited for the youngest to start crying from his hair chair. No cries. I waited a little longer, and then longer still. No noise. I listened very carefully and heard some heavy breathing and slight snoring. I went in to find Locke asleep in his breakfast. I guess there were some wild parties last night at his 'crib'.
At least he threw his bowl of multi-grain Cheerios overboard before hitting the deck.
This is what Rowan resorts to when her binky gets hidden by a well-intentioned mother. Yes, that is infant fever-reducer with the syringe type lid. Look at those puffy eyes. Do your kids ever sleep on their faces? Notice the hair rubbing. That is something I've been meaning to do a post on.
Here is Rowan screaming at the park because I am such a mean mom, I refuse to push my kids on the swing. My premise is that I take them to the park to get *their* energy out, not to get *my* exercise. I make them run around and go down the slides and such. So mean!
This is a picture of how my office looks after I cleaned it. j/k. I am still trying to unpack boxes. I had done a lot of work and emptied about 4 boxes, but it is still not quite done. I thought it was cute that Rowan dragged Lachlan into the box with her and was playing with him. It was waaaay past their bedtime.
Speaking of Rowan, I just heard a very loud bang of the highchair tray hitting the floor. I ran in to find Rowan 'saving the day' once again. She found Lachlan asleep at his tray and decided to let him out. When I came in and cried, "Rowan!" she said, "Lachlan's done, Mommy." Indeed he was. He has a lovely red mark on his cheek from the tray he was sleeping on as well.
Here is my cutie kindergartener waiting for the bus. She LOVES to ride the bus. Did you ride the bus when you were a kid? How did you like it?

5 comments:

Jessica said...

None of my kids ever fell asleep in their highchairs, it's so cute. Rowen hair's longer, does she still rip it out when she twists it?

Niki said...

Aww, that is sweet. My kids fell asleep while eating all the time...I think it was because thats the only time they stopped moving :)

wannabee free said...

I keep cutting Rowans' hair, but it keeps growing. :) Brenna is the one who twists her hair bald. It seems like she's getting better about not doing it, but everytime I think that, and let it grow, we end up with more bald spots. She has been doing it at night in bed. So I don't see her do it during the day. It seems like she's not pulling it out though. Fingers Crossed!

emH said...

Wow. I never imagined such hair issues. My girls hardly even grow hair. My three year old has never even had the top/front of her hair cut. As for the bus... Oooh, I've got stories. There's a scene on Billy Madison where the psycho guy crosses off Billy's name from a list of people to kill when Billy calls to apologize for his antics as a youngster. Well, I worry my name may be on a list like that somewhere, and wish I could say sorry too.

The House's said...

I was not a fan of riding the bus in elementary school! I love that Lachlan fell asleep in his highchair, so cute!