Thursday, February 5, 2009

We Surround Them

This is a political entry, so if you hate politics, just skip it.
My brother informed me about an idea Glenn Beck posted on his web site and I wanted to participate and wanted to let you know about it too. The following has been stolen directly from my brother's blog, which was taken from him.
The idea is to email your picture to wesurroundthem@gmail.com if you agree with at least 7 of 9 ideas. This is a nation-wide project, and one I believe many of us have been looking for to help unite the silent majority who feel outnumbered by the vocal minority.
I know I personally am tired and frustrated by what I hear on the news and radio about our government and the political 'Left-Wing' which I feel is truly hurting our country.
I do not know your political leanings, but I feel like I know your hearts and believe you and I have the same heart for our country. Maybe you've heard of Glenn
Beck and despise him. Just read this and see if you might be surprised to agree on a few things.
God Bless America!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I agree with the points, but my question is this: What are they going to do with these millions of pictures, beside prove that the majority of the American people believe in the principles that America was founded on? It's not going to change any laws, or really change anything, beside proving to ourselves something we already know.

wannabee free said...

United we stand, divided we fall. I think the point is to help people realize they are not alone or helpless. Perhaps this will give some people strength to stand up and do something who wouldn't have had the courage because they felt alone and outnumbered.

Unknown said...

Challis is exactly right.

So many people who care deeply about our country are becoming overwhelmed by the feeling that they have no voice; that they are alone and surrounded by the other people who become caricatured as totally illogical and reprehensible. People having been calling their government officials and feeling like they just aren't listening. People are starting to give up because they feel that speaking up isn't getting anything done. They're feeling more and more disenfranchised and helpless to change anything.

It's not about republicans vs. democrats. It's not about liberals vs. conservatives. It's to show that even though we may disagree on many specific political issues, the majority of us all share the same basic beliefs about our nation, God, ourselves, and the proper role of government.