Thursday, February 26, 2009

Feeling Crafty


I finally did a project I've been wanting to do for months. Like usual, I did it halfway, because I didn't have the colors I would have liked, but this is what I had on hand.
I took a picture Brenna drew on a fisher-price magnadoodle, made a copy of it in the printer/copier and put it inside the shirt. Then I held it up to a window and traced it the best I could. Then I 'embroidered' the design onto the shirt. It's not as sloppy as I would have liked, but it was difficult to trace it properly and also I'm REALLY bad at embroidery. The kids like it, in fact Aisling and Rowan have been drawing all afternoon and giving me designs to sew onto shirts for them. Aisling's are of course very detailed and involved and Rowan has broken down into screaming fits several times because she can't draw a snail! Too cute! (except the fit part)