Monday, February 16, 2009

Underwear


I was reminiscing on the days before I was born when women really knew how to look good. Remember those old films where after the lady has seduced the man, she says, "I think I'll go slip into something more comfortable." As a child I didn't understand the implications of that statement. It didn't make sense to me at all. Why couldn't she kiss him in her regular clothes? Now I understand. It was simply that she couldn't proceed to any foul play with all those funky undergarments they used to wear. What she was really saying was, 'Let me go slip into something more accessible." I know my capable and talented husband has been known to have trouble with a simple bra hook. I can't imagine what it would be like to let a man loose on all the girdles, bustierres, garters, padded underbritches and missile-shaped braziers etc. etc. they used to wear. I'm sure you've all seen the strange apparati of older generation women. It would be like the Iron Maiden or Chastity Belt of yore.
Now that I'm 30, I'm beginning to hang out (or just hang) in places I never did before. :) I would appreciate clothing that can hold in all the bulging spots, lift all the drooping spots and enhance all the lacking spots; that is a miracle in engineering. So truly those older women were mistaken. If I were lucky enough to own undergarments like that, I would feel pretty uncomfortable taking them off, if for no other reason than now the poor fellow is going to see how I've misled him.
Anyone have a corset I can borrow?
Apology to the Ladies in the photo, but seriously, if you're going to pose for a picture, you should know that people are going to look at it.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

I wouldn't mind wearing a corset, and girdle. Maybe it would stop me from eating so much!

Zhenya said...

I can't help but notice that the they posed the chubby ladies in the back and the less full figured once in the front. Too funny!

williamsfam5 said...

I think a bunch of us should get together and take one of these shots. Like that Lagoon pic of you and Aaron and those other guys. Who's in?

wannabee free said...

That is an excellent idea. I bet Aaron would agree. :)

Unknown said...

Just FYI: Anywayz by Esthero is the perfect background music for this post.

As for the hook bra, I just pretend I'm giving my wife a back rub as I try to work that thing apart. ;-)

As for the photo: The two in back don't look too happy. Especially the one in the glasses. Also, the woman front and center looks like Alice (?) the maid from the Brady Bunch. Speaking of Alice. I saw a youtube video of her on The Dating Game. Lots of innuendo in the questions and answers!

Finally, thanks for explaining the whole "let me slip into something more comfortable" thing. I never understood that either until now.

emH said...

I once heard a man (unfortunately not my husband, but he did nod on hearing this- whether in agreement, I'm not sure) and his sentiments towards the hanginess and whatever else were something to the effect: They are my trophies. She's worked her body and done unthinkable things like pass a baby and then let it suck on her boobies for 12+ months as they expand and contract with all the demand. My kids are healthy, intelligent, and beautiful and its because my wife did what she did. I like sagginess.

This was also a man who simply likes women.

angela michelle said...

I agree--we could all use a bit o support.