Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Kid's Tics


My friend Jessica's daughter just started breaking her hair off. My Brenna started twisting her hair into such tight knots that it would rip out when she was about 20 months. She still twists it, but if I keep it short enough she can't get it wrapped around her finger tight enough to pull it out. She seems to do this as a comfort thing or possibly a bored thing. It is usually if she is tired, watching a movie, or zoning out while riding in the car or something. All of my kids have had a thing for hair, including Lachlan. It seems to me that most kids do. But most kids do not pull or break out their own hair.
Rowan is addicted to the binky. ( We're going to be cutting that up on her birthday in May)
Since Aisling started kindergarten she has started a new habit. She constantly blows her air out. Just this quiet little "hwew". Just like blowing out a candle. It drives me crazy! She said it is because she doesn't want air in her mouth. ?? Have any of your kids had weird tics that bother you? What did you do about it?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

FYI, I never judged you! I always felt sorry for you, and was glad it wasn't me. I guess that's why I'm getting punished now....